Since Star2Billing’s inception in 2009, initially formed to provide commercial support and installation services for its open source switch and billing system, A2Billing (http://asterisk2billing.org/), we created a range of other products either by blending A2Billing with other open source products as in the case of our popular multi-tenant hosted PBX system, or built innovative new products such as CDR-Stats (www.cdr-stats.org) to analyse call data records and Newfies-Dialer (www.newfies-dialer.org) for voice broadcasting and autodialling.
A2Billing is a probably the leading open source telecom billing solution and its capabilities and features rival many proprietary systems and has been described as “a business in a box” capable of providing wholesale, business and residential VoIP services, calling card, call-back and DID resale. Anyone just starting out might consider our A2Billing Managed Install described at http://www.star2billing.com/consultancy/managed-install/
Greater capacity can be provided by building a distributed system with Opensips to load balance calls across multiple telephony servers, consider the Enterprise systems described at http://www.star2billing.com/products/enterprise/
Our Hosted PBX or IP-Centrex system is one of our more popular products, blending A2Billing, FreePBX and virtualisation to provide a scalable multi-tenant PBX system at an economical cost. To read more about this, see http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/ip-centrex/
Our clients include large and small scale telcos all over the world, we have also delivered projects, for local and national government and educational establishments including a notable university, on time and on budget.
Popular products :
- Calling Card Solutions: http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/calling-card
- Call-back: http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/call-back
- VoIP Termination Residential: http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/voip-temination-residential
- VoIP Termination IP-PBX: http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/voip-termination-ip-pbx
- Wholesale VoIP: http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/voip-termination-wholesale
- IP-Centrex: http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/ip-centrex
- Multi-tenant PBX system: http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/multi-tenant-pbx
- Voice Broadcasting and Auto-Dialer: http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/voice-broadcasting
For more information about Star2Billing’s products and services, please see http://www.star2billing.com/solutions/ or contact us at [email protected]
The Star2Billing Team
We are pleased to announce the release of Newfies-Dialer 2.8
In this release, we have concentrated on increasing the performance and stability of Newfies-Dialer resulting in higher call rate compared to previous versions.
We have done some testing on a mid range server, Ivy Bridge Xeon 3.4 GHz quad core E3 with 32Gb of RAM and an SSD drive. With optimisation, we were able to send out a 10K campaign in 4 minutes, running with approximately 1500 concurrent calls.
We provide a number of add-ons to increase the capabilities of Newfies-Dialer including:
Automated installation scripts with detailed instructions are provided, but for those who want to concentrate on the business of making calls and not on the technology, we offer installation and training services, including multi-server systems for very high capacity auto-dialling. See pricing for more information.
For more details contact us by email at [email protected] or call us on +44 117 911 4474 or +1-202-464-8397
The Star2Billing Team
Star2Billing have launched a new product, Emerzia (http://www.emerzia.com), an emergency notification auto-dialer and SMS delivery system for communities, educational establishments and local government that can send millions of emergency notifications in a few hours.
Reverse emergency broadcasting is used in scenarios such as evacuation notices, missing person alerts, crime prevention, community notifications and weather alerts.
The Emerzia Emergency Notification System is offered in three variants to meet the needs of a small community or school, right up to a large university or metropolitan area.
- Emerzia Metropolitan: High capacity multi-server emergency notification system for large university campuses and metropolitan areas.
- Emerzia Standard: Single server system emergency notification system for towns, rural counties, large colleges and schools.
- Emerzia Lite: Competitively priced single server entry level notification system designed for communities, church groups and schools.
Emerzia Standard Edition includes:
- Flexible IVR to create a range of interactive voice broadcasts.
- Reporting Interfaces giving a range of statistics and downloadable reports.
- Sign-up page to allow contacts to register for emergency notification messages.
- Answering machine detection to deliver a different message if the call is answered by voicemail.
- SMS capability to send text messages to cell-phones.
- Full training for staff on the Emerzia system.
- Unlimited support included.
View our website at www.emerzia.com and contact our sales team by email to [email protected] or phone on +1-202-464-8397 to discuss your requirements.
Version 2.0.6 of A2Billing has now been released, and includes a number of bug fixes.
We would remind anyone still using a version of A2Billing earlier than version 2.x, e.g. 1.9.4, that they should plan to upgrade as a matter of urgency for both security and for compatibility with Paypal.
We offer a range of installation, upgrade, training and support options for A2Billing and its other products, see http://www.star2billing.com/products/ and http://www.asterisk2billing.org/pricing/ for more details.
The Star2Billing Team.
Newfies-Dialer is a free and open source voice broadcasting and telephone survey platform designed for telecoms companies that wish to provide telephone survey, Voice and SMS broadcasting facilities to their customers, as well as organisations and businesses that want to broadcast marketing, emergency and informational messages to their contacts.
This latest release of Newfies-Dialer adds some of the the following enhancements, from improvements to the survey functionality through to brand new features such as Answering Machine Detection.
The survey has been enhanced to easily allow repetitive surveys and maintain consistent reporting. A survey template is created, and when it is attached to a campaign, a copy is made of the survey, and all reports pertaining to that campaign are correctly linked.
Enhancements to the survey branching, logic and capabilities :
- Retry logic to keep calling a contact until the survey is completed.
- Completion status to denote a survey has been fully completed.
- Branching supports invalid input.Support branching on timeout on a per node basis.
- Capture entries with X digits (i.e. capture phone-number).
- Display calls completed in reporting modules and dashboard.Include variables in Text to Speech.
Answering Machine Detection
The commercial AMD module allows Newfies-Dialer to detect whether the contact answering the phone is a real person answering the call or whether it is a voicemail message.
If the AMD module detects voicemail, then it will listen for the “record-your-message-now” beep and play the message to be left on the contact’s voicemail when recording starts.
Further information about this module can be found at http://www.newfies-dialer.org/add-ons/voicemail-detection/
- Continuous Integration – Applying continuous quality control in order to increase the quality of the software.
- Deployment – Newfies-Dialer platform deployed with Nginx, Gunicorn, Supervisord and Postgresql for the best possible performance.
- Better DBMS – We now only support Postgresql so we can concentrate on optimising the database for the best possible performance.
- Comprehensive API – Straightforward integration with third party applications using API’s that correspond to each function available via the web interface.
- Real-time reporting – Overview and detailed reporting of surveys and calls.
- Extension Dialing – Dial the PSTN number, and then on answer send the DTMF for the extension.
- Direct Freeswitch Integration – IVR logic coded in Lua for direct integration to Freeswitch for better performance and flexibility when adding new features.
- TTS Preview – Preview how the TTS sounds in the browser.
- SMS Support – Commercial module supporting mass SMS broadcasting from Newfies-Dialer. Read More.
A full list of the changes to Newfies-Dialer can be found at https://github.com/Star2Billing/newfies-dialer/commits/develop
Any telecoms company wanting to provide multi-tenant voice and SMS broadcast facilities to their customers, or any business that needs to broadcast marketing, emergency and informational messages to their contacts may wish to consider Newfies-Dialer. Please contact us for more details.