Star2Billing S.L. have many years experience in the world of telecoms, and in addition to providing technical assistance and support, can make introductions where appropriate to other companies where there may be some synergy.
Services are divided into a number of categories:-
- General Support: Diagnose problems with A2Billing and the underlying telephony engine, and offer solutions.
- Training Services: We have produced a training video of over an hour in duration, which is mainly applicable to our Managed Install. This covers the basics, and then further training is tailored to the customer’s individual requirements.
- Developer Support: New features of A2Billing can be sponsored, and in the vast majority of cases, these are then included in standard A2Billing application, thus once developed, Star2Billing undertake to maintain compatibility of newly developed features with future versions of A2Billing.
- Upgrades: A2Billing has been designed in such a way that it can be upgraded from the very earliest of versions through to the very latest. If the initial installation has been installed by Star2Billing, e.g. our Managed Install Bundle, the upgrade can be done in under an hour, with downtime measured in seconds. Other installations may take sometime longer.
- Integration work: A2Billing has been blended with a number of other products, mostly open source, to provide new and imaginative services. Please contact us with your ideas.
As an open source company, support is offered on a best effort basis, however the problems that A2Billing have to deal with are generally limited to the following categories:-
- Installation Problems: To install A2Billing, a knowledge of Linux, Asterisk and VoIP is required, along with an appreciation of internet security, and how to protect revenue. For this reason, for those who are not entirely confident of the above skills, we would always recommend our Managed Install Bundle. However we are on hand to assist and advise where customer attempts their own installation.
- Carrier Issues: Every company occasionally has its problems, and VoIP providers are no exception. Additionally each VoIP provider requires slightly different settings for best results. Star2Billing has experience with a number of the more popular providers, and indeed provide their own service. A2Billing can make introductions to carriers for its customers. However we would always advise backup carriers in case of problems.
- Training Issues: Training issues are generally not urgent, and can usually be dealt with, within a few hours of the first enquiry.
- Fat Fingers: We euphemistically refer problems occurring as a result of mass upgrading or “improving” things as fat finger syndrome. We endeavour to respond as quickly as possible to these issues, and can respond quickest if a customer has a support agreement with us. However, we would advise all A2Billing users to be circumspect about “improving” the system and always have a clear idea of what is to be achieved, the steps to get to that point, and the steps to return to a known working position. Diagnosis is generally quicker with one of our own installs.
If you need any consultancy, training, development or support then please contact us..