IP-PBX VoIP Billing & Termination
The A2Billing Class 5 Softswitch should be considered by any existing or new telecommunications company who wishes to offer VoIP services to IP PBX and business customers.
The A2Billing Softswitch should be of particular interest to existing IT Companies who are already deploying and supplying IP-PBX systems to their customers. VoIP termination and DID resale can provide a profitable ongoing revenue stream in addition to the initial IP-PBX installation and PBX maintenance contract, and helps retain the customer.
How It Works
Generally speaking, customers who have PBX systems are businesses, and it is not usually sufficient to allow them to sign up, and configure their systems, sometimes a little more help is required. However, the customer does have the option to sign-up on-line, and to view their traffic and invoices through a customer portal.
The A2Billing Softswitch supports both the SIP and IAX2 protocol as well as a range of VoIP codec protocols, such as Alaw and Ulaw which are high quality uncompressed codecs. Where bandwidth is limited, the supplied GSM codec can be used, or g729 licenses or g729 voice compression card for high capacity systems.
The customer’s IP-PBX is configured to pass its VoIP traffic through the A2Billing Softswitch, where the call is then least cost routed via the lowest cost carrier, the call is rated, and the customers available balance decremented.
In addition to VoIP termination and billing, the A2Billing Softswitch can be used to resell DID (Direct Inwards Dialling) or telephone numbers. The A2Billing Softswitch supports the billing per minute of calls, connection charges as well as monthly subscriptions.
International DID providers and supply DID from all over the world giving your customer commercial advantage of having local numbers in different parts of the world without the need to have a physical presence.
There are failover and follow-me options for the DID, meaning that even if the customer loses connectivity with the Internet, the A2Billing Softswitch can deliver the call to either the PSTN or to a cell-phone, with appropriate charging to the customer.
The A2Billing Softswitch also supports on-net calling with options for billing calls on net, which means that calls can be made between customers or customer’s branch offices without incurring any carrier charges, the customer can of course be charged.
Features and Benefits
- Flexible charging options – The rate table allows for many charging options, including connection and disconnection charges and stepped billing.
- Flexible recurring maintenance charge system.
- Package minutes, with free calls or minutes to selected destinations.
- On Net calls free to the operator.
- On Net calls can be free of charge to the customer, or a per minute fee and/or connection charge can be made.
- Least cost routing via the cheapest carrier.
- Online customer Portal.
- Online Sign-up as standard.
- Subscription charges
- DIDs, with online purchase, monthly billing, and PSTN failover.
- DID billing per minute.
- Email low balance notifications.
- Local Dialing options.
- Caller ID manipulation.
- Customer grouping for easier management and control
- Compatible with commission agents and affiliate marketing.
- Detailed reporting and statistics.
Products to Consider
The A2Billing Softswitch, with its vast array of configuration options, can be used to create imaginative and profitable products, and is ideally suited for existing telecoms companies wishing to enter the VoIP market, as well as new start-ups who wish to deploy a VoIP switch and billing platform quickly and at very low cost.
For more information of on the Star2Billing products suitable for business applications, please click on the links below:-
- Managed Install (Single Server) – Installation of the single server complete with comprehensive training and support.
- Single Server – Suitable for hundreds of concurrent calls depending on the hardware and call Patterns.
- Enterprise System – Scalable to almost any size and capacity. Ideal for connection to the PSTN using E1 or T1 lines.
- Enterprise System with Load Balancing – Scalable to almost any size and capacity, and will load balance across multiple switches.
- IP-Centrex - Also consider an A2Billing IP-Centrex system to provide hosted PBX systems to your customers as well as provide a means of supplying a disaster recovery backup solution for existing IP-PBX customers.